The recipient is selected on the basis of valued service to TSA. Both past and present contributions are considered (as verified by responsible parties).
The criteria are as follows:
1. associated with TSA in some capacity for a minimum of three years
2. active participation as evidenced by attendance at the conferences, membership on committees, judging student events, etc.
3. involvement with advancing TSA as evidenced by work in professional education groups, publications, research, etc.
4. high standard of attainment as shown by establishment of new TSA chapters, program expansion or innovation, or by achievement of student members who have achieved prominence and distinction
5. recognition by fellow professionals as indicated by similar awards from local, district, state or regional groups.