Technology is an integral part of life. It is necessary for schools to provide students with an appreciation and understanding of the role and dynamics of technology in our society. Technology springs from the human abilities to reason, solve problems, create, construct, and use materials imaginatively. The study of technology, integrated into the school curriculum, promotes the development of these abilities and prepares students for a fulfilled and responsible adulthood.
Technology education goals at the elementary, middle school, and high school levels focus on students acquiring specific abilities and perspectives.
- Through the use of tools, materials, and the design and technology process, student learning at the elementary level will be enhanced and will contribute to overall personal development and technological awareness.
- Students at the middle school level will gain a greater understanding of technology’s role in contemporary society, including future career opportunities and related programs of study.
- Technological skills and knowledge obtained by students at the high school level will yield occupational readiness, consumer awareness, and personal enrichment.
- Student members of the Technology Student Association (TSA) will develop leadership skills, pride in work well done, and high standards of technical ability, scholarship, and safety.
Through TSA membership students:
- Learn from leadership training.
- Develop and increase individual civic pride, responsibility, and involvement.
- Participate in service activities and projects for the benefit of others.
- Are provided the opportunity for individual growth, development, and maturation according to one’s own interests and abilities.
- Are involved in projects for one’s chapter, school, community, and self.
- Meet and work with leaders from business, industry, and the community to gain additional career information and exposure.
- Participate in local, state, and national conferences.
- Learn how to share with others by leading, following, and making decisions that affect oneself and others.
- Share in all the benefits and membership services provided through local, state, and national membership affiliation.
Through TSA membership schools and advisors:
- Promote, expand, and improve the total technology education program.
- Create additional means of developing student interest in broad-based learning.
- Promote the school, with visibility provided through school and community projects.
- Provide opportunities for students to integrate learning experiences from other instructional areas.
Through TSA membership your community:
- Benefits from a productive group that is oriented to serve the community.
- Gains a more highly skilled potential workforce.
- Will gain recognition for the community’s students.